Chicken Broth Recipe
Homemade chicken broth is a huge thing in the health and wellness space right now. And for good reason. There are gut-healing properties in bone broth, and it’s especially good for the lining of the gut.
Use this chicken broth recipe and make your own homemade chicken broth using the bones from a whole chicken.
I highly recommend using good quality bones from chickens (or cows) to get the most benefit and leave out excess toxins in your broth. You will get the most from bones that are humanly certified and raised using organic practices.
My husband likes to roast a whole chicken and add it to several meals over the week. When you’re done with the chicken, simply add the chicken bones/ carcass to your pot with some veggies and spices to make a healing bone broth.
We like to use our Instant Pot to make broth, as it drastically cuts down on the time and attention that the broth needs. This recipe takes about 1 1/2 hours total with the instant pot. On the stovetop, it takes about 24 hours to make. For that reason, I’m focusing on the Instant Pot preparation in this post.
Homemade Chicken Broth Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 Chicken carcass from a butcher or a whole chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2-3 Whole carrots (skin, ends, and all) chopped in large chunks
- 2-3 Whole celery stalks chopped in large chunks
- 1 Whole onion chopped in large chunks
- 1 1 sprig fresh rosemary, thyme, or oregano or other fresh or dried herbs
- 10-12 Cups Filtered water Fill to the 10 cup line
- Put whole chicken carcass into the Instant Pot
- Add veggies, herbs, salt, vinegar, and water.
- Cook on "manual" for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow it to naturally release or quick release if you're short on time.
- Remove carcass and strain the liquid into quart glass canning jars for up to 5 days or use for cooking right away. If you prefer, you can freeze for up to 2 months.
Try out this chicken broth recipe and see for yourself how easy it is to make your own bone broth.
If you like this post and want more healthy and delicious recipes, sign up for my email list on the form below, so you don’t miss a thing. You’ll also get my free downloadable, gut health guide. I look forward to connecting with you more!