We love this quick and easy meal in the morning or for a simple lunch.
Turmeric is what turns these eggs a beautiful red color and also gives them more of a crispy texture. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and the black pepper helps to activate it.
We eat Red Eggs & Kale several times a week and our kids love it. To bulk up this breakfast add a piece of the nut and seed toast with avocado slices and your favorite sea salt sprinkled on top.
Red Eggs and Kale
This is our favorite breakfast and the one that gives me the most energy in the morning. We eat it several times a week. To bulk up this breakfast add a piece of the nut and seed toast with avocado slices and your favorite sea salt sprinkled on top. This recipe is for 2 people eating 2 eggs each.
Fried Red Eggs
- 1 TBL Avocado oil for cooking
- 4 Organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Herbamare or Sea Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Avocado oil for cooking
- 5 Kale leaves or 1 small bunch Strip leaves from stems and chop into small or medium-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Ume Plum Vinegar or replace with your favorite high Himalayan or sea salt
- Heat a skillet on med heat (we use a small cast iron skillet for this)
- Add 1/2 of the avocado oil or just enough for frying eggs, and let the oil warm briefly
- Sprinkle turmeric and grind black pepper into the oil; stir in with your spatula
- Crack 2 eggs into the pan; fry on 1 side and then the other until desired consistency is reached
- Remove from pan when eggs are done and place on your plate
- Repeat with the other 2 eggs, adding more avocado oil before cooking
- Add Herbamare or salt to taste
- Heat skillet on medium heat (we use a large cast iron skillet for this)
- Add avocado oil and briefly allow to heat
- Add in kale and stir with spatula
- Saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale has softened and is still a bright green
- Sprinkle a little of the Ume plum vinegar over kale and stir in; be careful not to oversalt as Umi is very salty
- Add to plate beside eggs and enjoy!