We love this quick and easy meal in the morning or for a simple lunch.
Turmeric is what turns these eggs a beautiful red color and also gives them more of a crispy texture. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, and the black pepper helps to activate the benefits of turmeric.
We eat Red Eggs and Kale several times a week and our kids love it. To bulk up this breakfast add a piece of the nut and seed toast with avocado slices and your favorite sea salt sprinkled on top.
Red Eggs and Kale
Fried Red Eggs
- 1 TBL Avocado oil for cooking
- 4 Organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Herbamare or Sea Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Avocado oil for cooking
- 5 Kale leaves or 1 small bunch Strip leaves from stems and chop into small or medium-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Ume Plum Vinegar
- Heat a skillet on med heat (we use a small cast iron skillet for this)
- Add 1/2 of the avocado oil or just enough for frying eggs, and let the oil warm briefly
- Sprinkle turmeric and grind black pepper into the oil; stir in with your spatula
- Crack 2 eggs into the pan; fry on 1 side and then the other until desired consistency is reached
- Remove from pan when eggs are done and place on your plate
- Repeat with the other 2 eggs, adding more avocado oil before cooking
- Add Herbamare or salt to taste
- Heat skillet on medium heat (we use a large cast iron skillet for this)
- Add avocado oil and briefly allow to heat
- Add in kale and stir with spatula
- Saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale has softened and is still a bright green
- Sprinkle a little of the Ume plum vinegar over kale and stir in; be careful not to oversalt as Umi is very salty
- Add to plate beside eggs and enjoy!