Need a new, healthy, grab-n-go snack?
These fiber-filled protein balls are full of nuts and seeds, sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with vanilla. They are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, and protein and serve as a quick and satisfying snack.
The recipe contains a variety of nuts and seeds that can easily be substituted. Sub the almond butter for another nut butter, switch up the nuts and seeds, or replace honey for the maple syrup and chocolate chips for cacao. They are easy to prepare from whatever you have around.
Nut and Seed Almond Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp, chia, or flax seeds I like to pick 2 and use a 1/4 cup each
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pulse nuts, seeds, and sea salt in a food processor until nuts are coarsely ground
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Harden in the freezer for 1 hour
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer