This quiche makes a great meal with salad or baked yam fries on the side or an easy snack or breakfast on its own.
- 1 TBL Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Yellow onion optional
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Broccoli chopped small
- 1 Red pepper diced
- 1 tsp Oregano fresh or dried
- 1 tsp Basil fresh or dried
- 8 Eggs
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg I use a 1/4 tsp because I love nutmeg!
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Heat pan on medium heat, add avocado oil, then saute onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, broccoli, red pepper, and half of the salt and saute until tender but the broccoli is still bright green.
- Add spices and stir into cooked veggies.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, almond milk, nutmeg, black pepper, and the rest of the salt.
- Oil a 9-inch pie pan with avocado oil and put the sauteed veggies in the bottom, pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. It is done when the top is starting to golden and a butter knife comes out clean from the middle of the quiche.