Have You Ever Tried a Crustless Quiche?
If you have challenges digesting gluten, dairy, or grains, then this is the broccoli quiche recipe is for you! It’s healthy and satisfying and great for any meal of the day.
I love to pair this quiche with a salad or baked yam fries for a delicious meal or eat it on its own as an easy snack or breakfast.
Loaded with veggies, nutrients, protein, and healthy fats, this quiche is so good for you. And, it’s kid-tested and kid-approved!
Traditionally you make quiche on a wheat flour crust, with dairy milk and cheese mixed in with the egg. And that’s delicious too, but not worth the inconvenient symptoms when you have food sensitivities or gut health challenges.
I always say, “I like food I can eat!” But, what I really mean is that I like food that makes me feel good.
Gluten and dairy seem to make an awful lot of people not feel good. If that’s you, here is a great alternative full of flavor and nutritious ingredients, so you don’t have to continue to suffer.
Here’s How to Make This Broccoli Quiche Recipe
Heat a pan on medium heat, then add avocado oil. Saute the broccoli and red pepper until they are tender but the broccoli is still bright green. Add the sauteed vegetables to an oiled pie pan.
Beat the eggs, nut milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetables in your baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is starting to golden and you a butter knife comes out clean from the center.
This recipe is versatile. Sometimes we change it up and make this dish with kale instead of broccoli and it turns out just as good.
Quiche can really be made with whatever veggies you have around and is a great way to use up the produce in your refrigerator. Use this recipe as a base and get creative!
If you want more of my best gut-friendly recipes and valuable gut health tips, join my email list by signing up on the form below. That way you won’t miss a thing. You’ll also get a free downloadable gut health guide, full of valuable tips to improve your gut health.
- 1 TBL avocado oil
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli chopped small
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tsp oregano fresh or dried
- 1 tsp basil fresh or dried
- 1 handful kalamata olives sliced
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg I use a 1/4 tsp because I love nutmeg!
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat pan on medium heat, then add avocado oil. Sautee the broccoli and red pepper saute until veggies are tender but the broccoli is still bright green.
- Add half of the salt and spices and stir into veggies.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, almond milk, nutmeg, black pepper, and the rest of the salt.
- Oil a 9-inch pie pan with avocado oil and put the sauteed veggies in the bottom, pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. It is done when the top is starting to golden and a butter knife comes out clean from the middle of the quiche.