Try these delicious, high protein, grain-free, vegan-optional blueberry almond muffins that are full of healthy fats. I love to keep these around for an easy breakfast or snack. We make double batches and freeze them and then just pop 1 in the toaster oven to reheat.
Blueberry Almond Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter no added sugars
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup organic butter melted on low heat, can use coconut oil for vegan option
- 3 organic eggs or chia replacement below or use flax in place of the chia
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mix dry ingredients first
- In a separate bowl combine almond butter, butter, maple syrup, and eggs or chia replacement. Mix well.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients, combine well.
- Add 2/3 cup shredded coconut and 1 cup blueberries and mix.
- Place muffin cups in muffin tin and spoon in muffin mix until about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 -35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center and the top is starting to golden.