These protein balls are super kid-friendly, easy to make, and a quick grab n’ go snack!
Coconut Peanut Butter Cookie Balls
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract not flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs you can also sub raisins or mini chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together. Roll into 1 inch balls. Put on a cookie sheet and in the freezer to harden x 1 hour. Can store in the refridgerator or freezer for a quick snack anytime.
Most of my recipes are sugar and dairy free. Please note if you sub mini chocolate chips there most likely will be cane sugar and possibly dairy in them. Lily's makes stevia sweetened chocolate chips (and chocolate bars!) and does offer some that are dairy free... in case you're interested. These don't do as well once they warm up as they get soft, so I suggest to eat them when they are still cold. For a protein ball that holds together better when warm, see my nut and seed protein ball or add finely chopped nuts to this recipe.